OpenCV4Android homepage is here: http://opencv.org/android. This wiki is for co-developers.
Submitting a bug¶
Have you done your homework? Let's check it:
- Please check that you use the latest version of OpenCV4Android. Please also check Release Notes.
- Please check the open Android issues on the tracker.
- Ask community about your problem. May be your question was already asked?
android. If you could not identify the cause of the error, please provide the following information in your ticket:
- Version number of Android platform (all 3 components of the version - for example: 4.0.4). If you use custom ROM, name and version, for example cyanogenmod 9;
- Full device model, for example Nexus 7 3G.
- Exact CPU model of your device ("
adb shell cat /proc/cpuinfo" command);
- Output of "
adb logcat" command. See section bellow how to get it in the right way;
- Name of a sample if the problem is reproducible for any of the samples included into the binary package. Your own reproducer will be useful too.
- If you can create a failing JUnit test, it may greatly help us.
1. Open console (cmd.exe for Windows, Konsole, terminal on Linux and Mac OS X)
2. Clear logcat log by command adb logcat -c
3. Redirect logcat output to file by command adb logcat > [path_to_log]/app_crash.log
4. Run application and reproduce its crash
5. Interrupt log file writing by pressing Ctrl+C in terminal, where logcat was running
6. Attach log to the ticket as text file or in archive.